The 2018 -2019 Academic Year Scholarship Application is open.
Submission Deadline is March 31, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
1) You must have a PCC Student ID Number to apply for PCC Foundation Scholarships, you do don’t have to be registered for classes but you must have an account. If you do not have an S#, Create An Account, its takes just a few minutes or contact PCC Admissions 719-549-3010.
You must have an S# and student email (obtained with S#) to be considered for PCC Foundation scholarship awards.
2) Log into MYPCC Portal; STUDENT tab; Quick Links; Scholarship Management. to create a user Name & Password.
HOW TO PREPARE) Write your essays
1. Write your essays:
a. The application will ask you to write essays. Each essay has a maximum and a minimum limit. Remember, maximum means “not to exceed.” Applicants are encouraged to pay close attention to grammar, spelling and reader comprehension.
b. Three mandatory essays:
i. Please describe you Financial Need including your current source of income and how a scholarship award will help you obtain your education. Minimum length 150 words. Maximum length 300 words.
ii. Describe the importance of continuing Education in your life and how you will use your education to improve and enhance the quality of life in your community. Maximum length: 150 words.
iii. Describe your goals and plans after graduation. Maximum length: 150 words.
iv. Optional Essays include President’s Leadership Program; Education after Incarceration; GLBT Support; Italian Heritage; Mexican Heritage; Nursing; Culinary Arts/Hospitality Studies.
2. Find at least two instructor or academic references
HOW TO GET HELP
1. Contact the PCC Foundation Scholarship Coordinator: Ernest Montoya – email@example.com or phone, 719-544-0677.
2. Utilize the Scholarship Help References below.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY
We let applicants know the results by mid-May. We send notification to your college issued email. Scholarship money will be available the following fall and spring semesters to help pay for tuition, books and fees, after the census or drop/add date.
By completing and returning the PCC Foundation Scholarship Application, students are able to apply for scholarships (public and private) administered by the Pueblo Community College Foundation. Scholarships must be applied for annually. Contact Ernest Montoya, Scholarship Coordinator, 719.544-0677, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pueblo Community College Foundation has supported learning for thousands of students since it was founded in 1981. The Foundation is committed to awarding scholarships based on academic ability, special educational interests, talent and – in some cases – need. Each scholarship that is awarded by the Foundation has it own set of guidelines for the application and selection process.
- In 1988, the first allocation of scholarships totaled $12,000
- Since 1988, approximately $4.0 million has been awarded to PCC students in scholarships
- The PCC Foundation has awarded an addition $12 million to the institution for program support.
- This year, the Board of Directors of the Pueblo Community College Foundation has budgeted to offer $300,000 for student scholarships.
Through the PCC Foundation’s scholarship program, this partnership between donors and students works to bring about positive changes to the lives of individuals, families and the Southern Colorado communities. The goal of this specific program is to fit the desires of the benefactor with the needs of the students.
- Eighty percent of the Pueblo Community College students receive some form of financial assistance.
- Pueblo Community College awards $12,000,000 in student financial aid including grants and loans.
We welcome your involvement with the PCC Foundation’s student scholarship program and hope that you will contact us should you wish to become involved in this effort that works to educate the Southern Colorado community. By working together, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of others!
Pueblo Community College Foundation
Mailing Address: 900 West Orman Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81004
Physical Address: 1018 W. Orman Avenue, Pueblo, CO 81004
For information, contact Ernest Montoya, PCCF Scholarship Coordinator
719.544.0677 or email to Scholarship@Puebloccfoundation.edu